1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I did what I wanted to do – I was reckless and did what made me happy. I stopped going with the flow and married the man of my dreams.
2. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Self-discipline; motivation to exercise and financial freedom.
3. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a promotion at work, going to Serbia on a whim, saying NO MORE to the horrid emotional situation I’d been living in for years… having the courage to do whatever was necessary for true love. Come to think of it… I was pretty darn brave!
4. What was your biggest failure?
Financial self control when it comes to shopping. Or lack thereof.
5. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some sore feet from high heels and a couple of bouts of the flu.
6. What was the best thing you bought?
2 plane tickets to New York and a pair of sensational high waisted wide leg trousers from Scanlan & Theodore.
7. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
8. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Terrorists. Yet again.
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Knowing I’d be spending the rest of my life with Bojan.. and also the moment when I was boarding the plane to go to Serbia.
10. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier. Not enough digit combinations to express just how much happier.
thinner or fatter? Fatter. Period.
richer or poorer? Richer, in every sense of the word.
11. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I always wish I’d read and write more.
12. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I hadn’t been so unmotivated to change my life. I spent 4 years doing nothing. Possibly the best years.
13. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Did I ever!
14. What was the best book(s) you read?
Hurry Down Sunshine
15. What were your favourite films of this year?
16. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Evolving. I love dresses, I love clean, crisp lines. I love power dressing. I love amazing cut and fabric, regardless of the price.
17. What kept you sane?
Me time. The ability to sit somewhere on my own and do what I want – read the paper, read Vogue, surf the net.
18. Who was the best new person you met?
My husband. I didn’t meet him in 08, I re-met him. And I'd rather have re-met him than met anyone else in the world!
19. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Do what makes you happy. Close your eyes and imagine it’s just you, now, in 5 or 10 years time. Imagine what impact your decision will have on your life. Do not worry what anyone else will think. That will all pass and you will have to live with yourself and your decisions forever.
20. Quote a song lyric that sums you up at this given moment.
“moji su drugovi, biseri rasuti po celom svetu”
Always has and always will.