View My Stats

Monday 27 January 2014

"every summer has a story"

Happy Australia Day!  I am so thankful to live in this country and grateful that today is a public holiday.  I was not ready to face work today - I'm tired and battling a cold.  Not the best combination.  Copious amounts of water are my friend this morning.

This weekend always seems to signal the end of summer for me, even though in Melbourne the warmest days are still ahead.  The parties seem to die down and everyone has already headed back to work.  The shops begin to bring out sweaters and leather.  WAAAAAY too soon.  

I was lucky to escape to the beach for a while this summer.  Ari loves the ocean just as much as I do.  I have had so many crazy thoughts running my head that I really needed a get away.  It came just at the right time and was calming in every way.  The baby forced the pace to slow down.  Throw in some naps and an 8pm bed time for all of us.  It was perfect.


A very early morning swim - Sportsgirl panama hatSeafolly beach bag

Ari pondering life 







Chicken tacos. So simple and so good.




Rounding off 2013 with a mojito

Perfection on a plate. Flourless chocolate cake.

Massimo;s Gelateria - I always have the same thing when I try out a new icecreamery - hazelnut and tiramisu.





Literally the only things I used - a cheap kaftan, Kindle touch, Zimmermann bikini, Kiehl creme de corps, Kiehl midnight recovery oil, Nivea spray sunscreen, Korres fig body wash and ASAP eye cream and SPF moisturizer.  So liberating. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that kaftan! And the Midnight Recovery Complex.

    Get well soon.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kaftan is fabulous on you!!! And meow mumma at the bikini!! I'm battling a cold too. Blerrghhh why????
    Laura - www.lasscreative.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't waiiiit to be back around a beach!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.