View My Stats

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Last weekend of winter


  

Green door at Redcliffe
 

Sea shells at Burleigh Heads





Surfers from Burleigh


When the real life gets the better of me I'm fortunate enough to be able to escape and spend time with my parents, who love doing the same thing as I do - hanging out by the beach.  The winter dragged on, like it usually does, so I spent the last weekend of August (also being the last day of winter) on the Gold Coast, doing a huge coastal walk at Burleigh Heads and lounging in the 26C warmth.  It was the best holiday ever, even if it was only 48 hours long.

This year has truly flown by, maybe a little bit too quickly.  It dawned on me yesterday when I ordered my new Moleskine diary for 2013 (it's all about the Peanuts limited edition!!).  But with a new diary comes the permission to plan my annual holiday in January! Can't complain about that.

Also, right now I'm trying to organise my mum's 50th birthday, which is next month.  If anyone has any ideas for what I should do and buy, please share them with me... I've got the cake ordered and I've also got the 50 red roses lined up (my mum adores flowers)... but I'm stumped on a proper gift... HEEEELP!



 

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect beach getaway!

    Happy early birthday to your mum.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.