View My Stats

Friday 25 January 2013

Notes from Noosa

 I suppose it's fair to say that for the 11 years that I lived so close to the world's most amazing beaches I took it for granted.  When I moved away and began being tortured by the cold, I really began to miss it and eagerly awaited every chance to go back home.  6 years later, I still feel the same.   One of my favourite places to spend a couple of days on holidays is Noosa (but Byron Bay still comes first).  Noosa is simply beautiful, although can at times get hot due to being shielded in an inlet and can often be overrun by families and screaming children.  If it's not your scene, avoid the school holidays.  Or invest in some good headphones.

It has been a while since I stayed at a hotel, as I typically avoid them.  I don't enjoy paying a surplus to be harassed by overenthusiastic staff, turn down services and bell boys (as nice as being fussed over is, I prefer being left to my own devices).  I chose to stay at Noosa Heads Motel - a private and very reasonably priced accommodation, a short walk away from all the action.

The hours spent swimming, reading and walking did me a world of good.  There is nothing better than a beach holiday.



Early morning, post swim coffee at Bistro C
Sickly sweet and over indulgent serving of pancakes at Bistro C



Late night walk


Cooling off in the shade on a hot afternoon

My two lonely holiday purchases - new havs and a jewllery pouch

Cooling off with a coconut on Hastings Street

Arabian Threads caftan (a wonderful Etsy buy) and a Roberto Cavalli for Target bikini

5 comments:

  1. Love Noosa!!! A glass of wine on the balcony at the Surf Club is always a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noosa is beautiful but Byron Bay beats everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreaming of being there right now... You are looking fabulous btw XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photographs - love Noosa (and Byron of course!) and agree with Ms Sophie P - you are looking amazing... Oh and love the Zimmerman purchases from your previous post. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Noosa! With these photos you are making me want to go there pronto! xx

    loverandshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.