View My Stats

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Easter long weekend


I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter long weekend, however and wherever you spent it.  I am grateful that Orthodox Easter isn't for another few weeks, as we only came home from hospital on Thursday and the long weekend at home was just what we needed to settle in without a big holiday to celebrate as well.


That's not to say that a little chocolate wasn't enjoyed.  Little A loves her Kinder chocolate, just like mum and dad even though she maybe waiting a while to have a try.

I spent 9 months hating on sugar and chocolate, as it was the only thing that made me feel sick but my appetite for all things sweet as returned with a mighty bang.


My hospital stay was amazing, so much so that I refused the offer to spend the last two nights at the Hyatt.  I loved the attention and invaluable advise offered by the midwives.  I am the sort of person who needed the help with my confidence and abilities and they were excellent in teaching me and reassuring me that I was doing a great job.  And the delicious meals were a bonus too.  That's the sticky date pudding I had for my lunch dessert every day... yum!









A big thank you to all my virtual and "real life" friends who have sent us their well wishes, cards and very generous gifts.. who have come to visit and bought us meals.  We are eternally grateful for having you in our lives.


Sibling nap time


So far, I am finding it a lot more manageable than I thought I would.  I made a conscious effort whilst pregnant not to set any expectations for myself for what motherhood and pregnancy should look like.  I am the queen of overplanning and overanalysing and I didn't want to set myself up for any disappointments.  No baby is  perfect or entirely comparable to another, so I have made an effort to be as realistic and calm as possible and it's worked well so far.





I am feeling much stronger physically as each day goes by, so we ventured out for a family brunch yesterday and a bit of shopping too.  

I am wearing: Topshop Western Boots, sass & bide 'rats' leggingsWish Clothing 'deliberate' vest (see myself living in this one!, Witchery striped knit, Alexander Wang Emile bag



And today we had an amazing baby shoot and A was a pro!  Now to shake this postpartum cold and cough I've caught... not fun!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the arrival, you are looking fab for a new mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need.....that.....bag.....!!!!

    You are looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats, she is gorgeous! Love the get up too, you are looking wonderful. Enjoy this precious time xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Ariana is gorgeous (love her name!) and you look absolutely wonderful! Inspiration for me in 4.5 months hehe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.