View My Stats

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Midweek thought



The world is a very different place when you're not on your own routine. When you're not tied to a desk from 0745 until at least 1830.

You can enjoy the warm autumn mid mornings exploding the streets of your neighbourhood in which you've lived for 2.5 years. You can finish a pot of tea without needing to run out the door and without being interrupted by an urgent email flashing on your blackberry. You can read the paper. You can enjoy the beautiful aroma wafting through the house from the slow cooker. You can nap for 15 minutes with your beautiful infant sleeping on your chest.

Each day is different. Each day is new and unknown. Each is rewarding and enriching in its own way. It's a wonderful surprise.

I'm building up my strength and eagerly awaiting my ability to exercise again. I'm looking forward to some serious training like I've never trained before. I'm not entirely sure how I will fit it into ,y day but I will try. 5am sessions in the midst of winter? Maybe.



Hello neighbour.



It breaks my heart to be so far away from my grandmothers, but thanks to Skype Ari got to meet my mums mum on Sunday night. Magic moment.





Mid morning break. Earl grey and banana bread.



Ari is stubborn like her mother and refused to participate in the foot and hand print inking attempt. The foot we could force, but the fists we could not unclench.

6 comments:

  1. I had Abi's hand and feet done when she was about 10-11 mths old for a set of cufflinks for my husbands 40th.
    Although not the teeny tiny NB set, they are the same imprint because your hands and feet just grow with you.
    I was informed that other than size at NB or 1yo they look exactly the same.
    So, you can always wait till she is a little older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!

    Your happiness is inspiring.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful... enjoy every precious well deserved and magical moment ! Loving the look of the tea and banana bread... And I could not cope without Skype in my life. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that you're enjoying your time off with beautiful baby A. The skype photo is adorable. I can't wait to Skype my family once baby arrives. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so lovely to see you spending time and enjoying those things we don't get to see from our office! Ari is one lucky girly xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww, but yes, thank goodness for Skype!

    Earl grey and banana bread sounds perfect.. *slips off into happy land*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.