View My Stats

Monday 10 August 2015

Baby it's cold outside

Lululemon tights & Nike trainers

I really hate looking at photos of myself from last summer.  I look weak and bleak and unhappy.

I've never been a huge fitness freak, or so I thought.  I was a very regular gym goer since high school  yet my workouts were basic.  Some cardio and some weights.  Lots of stretching but nothing too strenuous.  It didn't realise just how strong and fit I was until I cancelled my gym membership and reflected on it about 18 months later.  Not only was I unhappy with how I looked but also how I felt.   So about 6 months ago I joined a cheap and basic 24 hour gym because I figured I would never have time to go.  I was raising a beautiful little girl, holding down the fort on the home front and working towards my new role at work.  What gym?

They say that you find the time for the things you want to do and I guess they're right.  I was tired and I longed for some extra sleep, quiet time to read, or catch up on a TV show so I decided to do that while on the bike at the gym a few times a week.  I started running again and doing box jumps and weights.  Even though I manage only 2-3 sessions a week I feel so much better and stronger.  It might be cold and dark but I somehow find the motivation to get a workout in and I feel so proud of myself for doing something just for me.  I love the amazing pilates class I splash out for once a week (if you've never tried clinical pilates, do yourself a favour and give it a go, you'll be hooked!).  I get to the gym when the toddler is at her swimming class or on a trip at Bunnings with dad and everything else works around that.

Bring on summer! 

1 comment:

  1. A 24/7 gym sounds like a great investment, as like you said it can work around you and your child!

    There is a free fitness session in the park next to our house once a week and I love attending, but sometimes with a toddler it's impossible. I always feel better after going though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.