View My Stats

Tuesday 5 April 2011

New seasons..

We are being spoilt by very lovely autumn days filled with sunshine and midday warmth.  Even though I am no fan of the colder weather, I have to admit that it does bring with it certain charms that I am looking forward to.

I'm also looking forward to sharing with you all the final results of my home renovation and decoration.  Last bits and pieces should be arriving this month. 

I'm looking forward to my very first Pascha (Easter) in the new house. Painting eggs, cooking traditional pork and baking an elaborate torte decorated by chocolate Easter eggs.  Maybe I will use the 5 day holiday to finally try to master at least one recipe from Gourmet Traveller. I'm not sure if I'm a bad home cook or if the recipes are just too hard and the ingredients far too difficult to source. Plus I'm on the wrong side of my birthday.  5 months away I know, but as September draws closer I get more anxious. You're probably reading this and thinking - crazy woman - and you're probably right.  Lock me away (until the birthday passes)

Apart from the seasonal change in colours (and leaves that I now have to sweep twice a week) cold weather brings...


Lots of cups of tea... At the moment I'm obsessed with T2 Sencha Mango.  An amazing light and sweet mango green tea.






A desire to decorate the house with flowers to give it a bit of light and brighten the mood.

The same couple of coats means a focus on accessories, shoes and bags to change up the look.



Every now and then some couch time on a cold Sunday is good for the soul.


Cashmere knee high socks.  Need I say more.



Scarves.  I can't get enough right now.

photos via tumblr/various sources.

6 comments:

  1. That green jacket is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I am looking forward to cooler weather too. Rather like the sound of cashmere socks! And can't wait to see your renovations...x
    p.s wasn't it a beautiful day today? Love that midday sun with the cooler start and finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:29 pm

    I am obsessed, obsessed, obsessed with fresh flowers.

    Gorgeous post honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo with the cashmere socks, the green coat stands out so nicely. And I'm going to have to try this Mango green tea -- it sounds deelish!

    x Niki
    A Haute Mess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cashmere socks. Another the fan of that pic. The sight of those flowers bring me at ease. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the green coat too! Love the colour and the proportions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.