View My Stats

Saturday 14 July 2012

Notes from New Zealand - Day 1

The night before departure I decided to do my tax return, so while stressing over my packing and cleaning the house, I was also finalising deductions.  Lunacy.  After falling asleep at an ungodly hour, the airport thing was an easy affair.  Except that the flight was around 3 hours late thanks to a closed runway (which was passed by lunch at Movida, no less-thank you brilliant international terminal).  Add to that a severe seizure by a passenger on the flight, which made me question whether this trip was a good idea.

Christchurch is in a sorry, empty and eery state, especially at 9 o'clock at night after a 12 hour ordeal.  The city centre is closed and people are leaving en masse due to the persistent earthquakes.  We wanted to start the road trip to Queenstown that night, but only made it as far as Methven before the fatigue and darkness stopped us in our track.

But waking up to this out the window the next morning certainly made up for the slow start.




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:52 am

    I write a comment when I appreciate a article on a website or I have something to
    contribute to the discussion. Usually it's triggered by the sincerness communicated in the article I looked at. And on this article "Notes from New Zealand - Day 1". I was actually excited enough to post a thought :) I actually do have 2 questions for you if you do not mind. Is it just me or do some of the comments appear like they are coming from brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing at additional online sites, I'd like to
    keep up with you. Could you list the complete urls of your community sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?


    my webpage ... waist height ratio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.