View My Stats

Thursday 3 February 2011

“It’s more interesting to have just a picture of a small detail - then you can dream all the rest around it. Because when you see the whole thing, what is there to imagine?” - Dries Van Noten

When I first started thinking about the renovating and decorating job at hand, I had a few ideas and themes in mind for the living area.  But once I went shopping for furniture I realised a lot of those ideas are unattainable.  A lot of pieces of furniture from my imagination do not exist in store.  Imagine that?  And that shade of paint I had in mind doesn't exist either.  Convenient isn't it?  I'm a fan of a minimalist finish as much as I am a fan of a lived in French provincial look.  And something that fits into the Bayside beach suburb that I'm moving to has to be combined into my vision as well.

Then I met the accent chair below.

It's navy with a faint gold stripe and the love was instant.  The love still existed when I returned from holidays, so I decided to order it and decorate and furnish the entire living area around this chair.  Call me crazy.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:25 pm

    That is b e a u t i f u l!!

    We have a 1.5 seat arm chair in our bedroom and it's the greatest thing to have next to the bed. I LOVE it. The perfect place to lounge. Plus the dog loves to curl up on it or streeetch out when she's super tuckered out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call you BRILLIANT! This is the way you do it. Buy what you love and build around it. I really can't wait to see how it all turns out.

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I'm a bit of a minimalist myself, i adore the simple, but yet so chic design of that chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is not crazy at all...that chair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful chair - love the simple yet smart design... and by the way think I may have found the grey colour you are looking for... just need to do some detective work for the actual name of it now. But I will! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quote, it is SO true... and that chair is gorgeous!!! I love it!

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quote! Lovely chair!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Beautiful! Would you mind sharing where you found it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:41 pm

    That is very fascinating, You're an excessively professional blogger. I've joined your rss feed and look ahead to seeking more of your
    fantastic post. Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

    Feel free to visit my blog online graduate certificate programs
    My site > what is a graduate certificate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.