View My Stats

Thursday 15 July 2010

Urban Remedy detox - day two part one

After the terrible afternoon, the evening got a bit better.  For the dinner meeting we went to a Mexican restaurant, and the food smelt divine.  I sipped on juice #6 throughout the evening which is the one high in good fats and protein (it has a yummy coconut taste).  No enchiladas and mojitos for me.

The meeting was productive and I was offered to be on the Board of Directors of a small welfare association.  My ultimate career goal is to be a CEO of a charity, so this has worked out perfectly and seems like an amazing opportunity and a great foot in the door.  I did tell them I wanted some time to think about it, but really, it's a no brainer!! A wonderful opportunity. 

The meeting got my endorphins pumping and I wasn't really hungry.  When I did eventually make it home at 9pm, I had a bit of a panic attack.  I felt hungry and angry at myself for starving myself!  I thought, why am I doing this?  We HAVE to eat as humans to survive! I have to eat or I'm going to die!  Such a drama queen.

But I relented and went to bed and read a bit and fell asleep.

I woke up this morning at about 7am, feeling fine.  No headache and not hungry.  I've just finished juice #1 (which I hated yesterday due to the cucumber taste) without much difficulty, totally oblivious to the truffles that are making their way around the office.

It's getting easier!  Big mug of warm water awaits!

5 comments:

  1. I'm totally the opposite; I love juice one and can't even drink juice six!

    Keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the board gig!! thats aesome!!
    and also your willpower!
    i so want to do this cleanse... i think in a few weeks time i'll bite the bullet.
    can't wait to hear the rest of your time on them!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Board opportunity!! That's awesome!!

    And you are doing outstanding with the cleanse...if you can resist food in a Mexican restaurant you are a champion!!

    xo-carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Being invited to be on the Board sounds like a fantastic opportunity. I'm sure it's very well deserved. Congrats so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Stay strong girl.
    Don´t give in now!

    SP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.