View My Stats

Monday 6 September 2010

Nan Goldin for Scanlan & Theodore

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Scanlan & Theodore.  So much so, that I wear at least an item of S&T 6 out of 7 days a week!

My love affair began about 6 years ago while I was working as a temp data entry clerk during the summer break at university.  The job was boring. I was paid for 8 hours a day, but my job required me to work about 45 minutes.  It's true.  Boring job meant hours surfing on the internet, and usually buying a lot of things.  I have that job to thank for my first pair of Chloe heels from NAP and my first Marc Jacobs dress... and my long and expensive relationship with S&T.

Gary Theodore, the man behind the label and the whole S&T team are immensely private.  No interviews, no parades, no advertising.  Just private shows for their most valued customers and staff at the beginning of a new season.  I still wear every single of my S&T items.  They don't go out of style.  They're seasons and seasons ahead most of the time.  I'm more than happy to pay a little more, especially since 90% of the clothing is made in Australia. And they know a thing or two about amazing service and flexibility.

“Our designs exist to reflect the integrity of a woman and resonate her unique individualism” says Gary Theodore.  Totally out of the box to use a 'messy' Erin Wasson for their spring/summer lookbook. 

“We thought it time to communicate how we were feeling, and looking at Nan’s work we felt we had similar values, being uncompromising, extremely considered and sometimes complex, yet having ideals of simplicity and honesty,” explains Gary. “When you look at Nan’s work, it’s simplistic at first glance but after a while the more you look the more you see, there’s a lot going on, emotionally.”












scanlantheodore.com.au

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous white number- I've never heard of them before. Looks fab! That must be Erin Wasson modelling for them? I could be wrong...X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos! Lovee the beige V neck dress.. wow! ...& the photo with the legs hanging off the edge of the couch, lovee it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great images!

    I'll have to go to S&T again soon, it all looks very exciting. Perhaps I should leave my credit card at home...

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I want some of this S&T in my life...I love the way you've described it and Erin Wasson is a beauty!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great ethos they have and what a wonderful shoot this is. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:32 pm

    Love the window shots so pretty
    www.rawfashionmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.