I did some (window) shopping overthe weekend, looking out for the new trends. Unfortunately the Australian chain stores and designers haven't caught onto the minimalist trend, so there's lots of volume, lots of layers, plenty of bows, florals and a general boho feel to the summer fashions. Yet again it looks like I'm going to be dependant on online fashions from overseas. I do want to support the Australian retail sector. I really really do....
With my trip confirmed for the end of the year (and my list of restaurants and bars and must-stay-at-resorts growing my the day) mindless shopping is out and a carefully edited list of items is in!
And not one to waste time, I've already ticked some items off that list!
- grey cotton boyfriend blazer. Been on my wishlist for seasons and seasons now... FOUND
- black shorts/playsuit
- a pastel coloured, summer weight cardigan
- printed smocks and blouses
- a particular loose, draped leather and cottom singlet that I saw today
- bright, pretty clutch bags... saying goodbye to the black carry all sized handbag and keeping it real with a clutch for day! FOUND!
- colourful bangles
- simple black heeled sandals. You have no idea how hard they are to find!
- metallic flat leather sandals. The old much loved pair needs to be replaced!