View My Stats

Wednesday 24 November 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

You know Christmas is approaching when the party invites never end and it's suddenly 33C outside!

I'm one of those people who lets the season pass far too quickly without making much of an effort.  Ringing loved ones last minute begging them to tell me what I should buy them.  Cards are usually purchased from the poor selection remaining at the super market the night before.  Not to mention the family overseas that gets their cards and gifts WAY too late.

The hot weather just doesn't speak Christmas.  I want bare trees, scarves and snow.



Since my frantic post about the pit in my stomach at my impending holiday,  I have booked everything! I have a feeling that the overhelming number of bits and pieces that needed to be booked caused my anxiety.  Once I sat down and did it all (there was a lot to do - flights, transfers, hotels, restaurants, bike tours through rice paddies in Ubud...) I began to get rather excited.  And then it dawned on me that last minute Christmas things won't be a good idea as I'll have last minute trip things to attend to!

So this morning I have...
Ordered wonderful and thoughtful Christmas cards





A list of gift recepients has been drawn up!




I love giving (and receiving) books, so a large order has been placed through book depository, as almost everyone on said list will get a cute li'l book (and I did throw in a few for myself that I intend to read on holidays.. bliss)


Have thoughts if gifting lots of jewelry this Christmas also...


And I just about know what I'm wearing to all the parties... lots of white, lots of linen, lots of hair with bounce and lots of red lipstick.

all images via tumblr

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:59 am

    Gorgeous!!!! I love the idea of white linen a white shift dress... now where to find that elusive dress??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Christmas inspiration! Oh and your description of what to wear to the parties sounds absolutely perfect....

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, I love jewelry, that's like the all occasion gift for me! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love giving and receiving coffee table books. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:46 am

    Hi there,

    This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at sheworeitwell.blogspot.com.

    Can I use part of the information from your post above if I give a backlink back to your website?

    Thanks,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good book as a pressie will remind them of you for ages. And those bracelets are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. M you are on top of it! I need to follow your example...(wallet is ixnay on that amazing trip of yours, but I'll live vicariously through your account).

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your party outfits sound perfect! And I know exactly what you mean - I keep forgetting that it is Christmas in England - (warmth and christmas do not mix in my mind either still!) However, did do my cards though a couple of days ago 95 % of them that is! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi girl...
    Sounds like your holidays will be just fantastic...
    Can you send me an email with your home adress?

    I want to send you something nice in the mail...
    Don´t worry it is not a bomb:)

    Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:30 am

    great experience, dude! thanks for this great

    Articles wow... it's very wonderful report.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooo I'm loving that stack of double rings!

    xoxo
    Niki
    A Haute Mess

    ps. find me on Facebook and on Twitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:27 am

    I was insane this year, I started keeping my eyes out for gifts and little stocking fillers in April ahah. But christmas isn't really big in my fam and I usually get more presents on chinese new year so i cannot wait for that!

    XXASAB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - I am right there with you (although it's freeeezing here!) I have never done so much online shopping in my life, and that's really saying something! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Any idea who those AMAZING double rings are by? I don't think I'll sleep until I find out!
    Investigation begins..

    X Cristina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.