theage(melbourne)magazine is a showcase and a resource for everything Melbourne people love about their city. It’s about the issues that affect them, where they shop, what they wear, the food and wine they love, the places they go, the entertainment they enjoy and the people that make it happen.
Offering a striking combination of strong editorial and bold design, drawing on the writing and photographic talents of The Age and Melbourne’s best contributors, theage(melbourne)magazine is unlike any other publication in the Melbourne market."
The Magazine, as I like to call it comes out on the last Friday of each month as a supplement to The Age - the newspaper, as opposed to the Herald Sun - the gossippaper. Despite the fact that it's a tiny bit pompous I thoroughly enjoy the content. The contributors are all very well respected writers and photographers who review the very best of Melbourne and profile prominent Melbournians.
The April issue features:
- Top 5 juice bars in Melbourne. I definitely will check out Wholefoods Food Store - 320 Bay Street, Brighton. Fresh sandwich and juice for $10... and a wheatgrass or goji shot for $3!
- Musicals galore in Melbourne this year - Cats, Fame, The Man in Black, Peace Train, Mamma Mia!, Calendar Girls, Mary Poppins, West Side Story & Hairspray...
- The search for the best reusable coffee cup
- What's happening in April in Melbourne... St Kilda Vegie Market, the end of daylight savings, world record breaking pillow fight attempt, opening of Thespis opera, German film festival, ANZAC Day...Comedy Festival...
- A great article on the talented Robin Boyd (architect)
- 10 cheap feasts for under $20
- A review of Movida Aqui (highly recommended)
- A haircare special
- And the usual mix of film and music reviews