View My Stats

Monday, 1 February 2010

Nude Perfection

I am not a lip colour wear.  I have about 7-8 lipglosses, which I almost never wear, except when I'm wearing a full face of make up, which is almost never and only two lipsticks, both of which were purchase for a special occasion.

I went into MAC last weekend as I was wandering down Chapel St, so I thought I'd have a look see. 

The "Warm & Cosy" collection caught my eye right away!


maccosmetics.com.au

One of the reasons I don't wear lip colour is that I cannot find the perfect one.  Since I was 15, I have searched high and low for a nude beige/pink lipcolour.. the "newsreader" colour as I liked to call it.  Something that gave my lips a colour, but did not take away from the rest of me to scream lipstick! Yet still ensured I wasn't washed out and my teeth did not appear yellow.

Low and behold the MAGIC of MAC's amplied creme lipstick in the "Warm Me Up" colourway.

Warm Me Up is a creamy medium pink with a little warmed-up yellow in it. MAC says it’s a neutral pink, but I think it has a lil’ warmth in it still! It has a nice amplified finish, so it’s rich in pigmentation and goes on smooth and creamy and leaves my lips feeling moist and plump.

I am soooooooooooooooooo in love.  I am tempted to purchase another tube as it's limited edition.. but I will probably never get through it.  I'll see if I wear it all the time over the next 2 weeks before I decide whether to repurchase or not.

Here's some colour swatches and things I lifted off makeupalley.com and such.



Middle colour...


5 comments:

  1. I'm not too big on lipstick either. I live off my Victoria's Secret lip gloss and my Benefit lip stain. ;)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lipstick is so much fun but I'm not into gloss and goo
    http://pinacoladakisses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy a backup. Or check out Harlotte. I'm NOT a fan of most neutral lipsticks, but I like those. Lips But Better shades, every one of 'em.

    I am even less of a fan of gloss. But I do love my lip balm, especially the Hibiskiss ones a dear friend gave to me - kind of like lipsick lite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.